During the first two months of 2019, legislators in 37 states introduced 185 bills to boost transportation investment, more than the same period last year. On March 12, the governors of Alabama and Arkansas each signed state gas tax increases to fund transportation projects. Other funding measures are headed to state and local ballots later this year. Learn more about what’s working, what’s not, and what’s ahead at the 6th Annual “National Workshop for State & Local Transportation Advocates,” a signature program of ARTBA’s Transportation Investment Advocacy Center™ (TIAC).
This year’s Workshop will include:
- An overview of state transportation funding trends and initiatives, plus a preview of what’s to come on 2019 state and local ballots;
- An update on federal transportation funding and efforts to permanently fix the revenue stream for the Highway Trust Fund;
- In-depth exploration of how states are adapting for vehicle fuel efficiency;
- The benefits and challenges of tolling;
- Campaign strategies from battleground states, and on passing legislative and ballot measures;
- Advice from state lawmakers on succeeding in your transportation funding campaign;
- And more!
The annual in-person meeting of the Transportation Investment Advocates Council will be held the afternoon of Tuesday, July 16. This meeting is for members of the Council, or for those interested in learning more about state transportation funding resources.
The Workshop is being held in conjunction with ARTBA’s 31st annual “Public-Private Partnerships in Transportation Conference.”