Learn why and how a record number of transportation investment initiatives have passed in 2015 at the 2nd Annual “National Workshop for State & Local Transportation Advocates.” The ARTBA Transportation Investment Advocacy Center™ (TIAC) signature program allows transportation advocates from across the nation to share best practices, playbook secrets and other keys to success in advancing legislative and ballot initiatives.
The July 15 event, held in conjunction with ARTBA’s Public-Private Partnerships (P3) Conference at the Hyatt Regency Washington, is an opportunity for transportation investment champions to learn from others who have helped pass 14 state gas tax increases in the past three years.
The workshop will feature an interactive session where attendees break into small groups to discuss their own real-world campaign challenges and share advice on how to overcome them. ARTBA Chief Economist Dr. Alison Premo Black will outline national trends in state transportation initiatives. Other senior ARTBA executives will provide an overview of public-private partnership projects from across the nation.
Other key “Express Learning” sessions will feature:
- A Roundtable Discussion on Successful Lockbox Initiatives with executive directors of the Transportation Development Association of Wisconsin and the Central Maryland Transportation Alliance
- Lessons Learned from Recent Campaigns in Kentucky, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, with executive directors from Kentuckians for Better Transportation and Construction Industries of Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- A luncheon panel with state legislators
- A discussion of Georgia local successful and failed initiatives with the director of the Georgia Transportation Alliance
- A Roundtable Discussion on Recent Initiatives in Texas and New Hampshire, with the president of Move Texas Forward and the director of government relations at Pike Industries
Contact ARTBA’s Carolyn Kramer at email@example.com or 202-289-4434 with questions