The 2nd Annual “National Workshop for State & Local Transportation Advocates,” a signature program of the Transportation Investment Advocacy Center™ (TIAC), is less than three months away.
The July 15 event, held in conjunction with ARTBA’s Public-Private Partnerships (P3) Conference at the Hyatt Regency Washington, is an opportunity for transportation investment champions to share best practices, playbook secrets and other keys to success in advancing legislative and ballot initiatives that boost transportation infrastructure investment. The workshop will feature an interactive session where attendees break into small groups to discuss their own real-world campaign challenges and share advice on how to overcome them.
ARTBA Chief Economist Dr. Alison Premo Black will provide a comprehensive report on state and local transportation funding trends. “Express Learning” sessions include:
- “Protecting State Transportation Funds—A Roundtable Discussion on Successful Lockbox Initiatives in Wisconsin and Maryland”
- “Indexing Legislation—Lessons Learned from Recent Campaigns in Kentucky, Massachusetts and Rhode Island”
- Trends in Public Opinion Polling
- “Raising New Revenues—A Roundtable Discussion on Recent Initiatives in Texas and New Hampshire”
- Overview of Current U.S. P3 Projects
Transportation construction executives, “better roads and transportation” professionals, state legislators, and chamber of commerce officials from 22 states participated in 2014’s inaugural workshop.
Contact ARTBA’s Carolyn Kramer at email@example.com or 202.289.4434 with questions.