If you are involved in a state or local organization that wants to increase sound public and/or private investments in transportation mobility, access and safety, you’ll want to become a member of…
The Transportation Investment Advocates Council™
What is the Council?
The “Transportation Investment Advocates Council™” (TIAC) is a national network of more than 70 business professionals and public officials who share a common interest in building support for transportation infrastructure investments in their state or local community—roads, bridges, public transit, pedestrian walkways and cycling paths, airports, waterways, ports and rail facilities.
The Council provides regional and national forums for networking and sharing information that will help you meet your objective—campaign strategies… tactics… messaging… opinion and economic research… legislative and ballot language… what’s worked and what hasn’t.
TIAC members interact with and learn from others who work for national, state and local better transportation groups and coalitions… chambers of commerce… state legislatures and civic bodies… public agencies… and other interested firms and organizations.
The TIAC is co-chaired by:
- Maria Fuentes, executive director of the Maine Better Transportation Association;
- Craig Thompson, executive director of the Wisconsin Transportation Development Association;
- Juva Barber, executive director of Kentuckians for Better Transportation; and
- Seth Millican, director of the Georgia Transportation Alliance.
How will participation in the Council benefit me and my organization?
As a TIAC member, you will have:
- Free access to the TIAC email listserve where you can post questions, share information and relay news to your peers.
- Free participation in quarterly regional conference calls or webinars to exchange information with your peers in other states and learn from guest speakers.
- A free email push subscription to the TranspoAdvocates News (transportationinvestment.org). The blog provides regular updates on transportation funding developments, news and initiatives across the nation.
- A free email push subscription to the monthly “State Transportation Funding Initiatives Report™”.
- Free subscription to the all-digital ARTBA Newsline, which provides Capitol Hill updates on news that impacts transportation policies throughout the country.
- The opportunity to network face-to-face with your peers at the Transportation Investment Advocacy Center’s annual “National Workshop for State and Local Transportation Advocates”. The Workshop, which hosted over 100 representatives from 28 states in 2015, features campaign case studies, research on transportation funding trends and public opinion, and presentations by experts in campaign strategy, management and communications. A review of previous years’ Workshop can be found at transportationinvestment.org/state-funding-advocacy-workshop/.
What will it cost to join?
There is no annual membership fee to participate in the TIAC. The Council is supported by the American Road & Transportation Builders Association’s (ARTBA) “Transportation Makes America Work!” (TMAW) program. It is a corollary activity of the “Transportation Investment Advocacy Center™”.
Join the Transportation Investment Advocates Council
Sign up by clicking the button below and providing your name and organization, or contact Carolyn Kramer (202-289-4434).