Three state lawmakers will discuss their successes and challenges with increasing transportation funding during the 7th Annual “National Workshop for State & Local Transportation Advocates.” The legislators will also provide insight into the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on their state and how they are adapting to it.
The speakers are:
- Virginia state Sen. David W. Marsden (D- District 37)
- Washington state Sen. Rebecca Saldaña (D- District 37)
- Connecticut state Rep.Roland Lemar (D- District 96)
Other Workshop sessions include:
- exploring how advocates utilize marketing and public opinion surveys to educate their audience;
- reviewing recent state legislative, ballot, and election trends; and
- updating federal transportation investment discussio
The annual meeting of the Transportation Investment Advocates Council will be held 1:30-2:30 p.m., July 14. This meeting is for Council members but is open to others interested in learning more about state transportation funding resources. RSVP to TIAC Director Carolyn Kramer is required for this meeting.
The conference will take place virtually on the REMO meeting platform. It enables attendees to interact with presenters and network with other transportation construction professionals.