Over $5 billion in new revenue will boost transportation maintenance and construction work in six states that approved investment measures during the first half of 2020. Virginia signed a state gas tax increase to fund projects, while other states explored legislation that could implement new electric vehicle fees, rideshare fees, sales taxes, and one-time revenue. Other funding measures are headed to state and local ballots later this year. Learn more about what’s working, what’s not, and what’s ahead at the virtual 7th Annual “National Workshop for State & Local Transportation Advocates,” a signature program of ARTBA’s Transportation Investment Advocacy Center (TIAC).
This year’s Workshop will include:
- An exploration of how advocates utilize marketing and public opinion surveys to educate their audience;
- A review of recent state legislative, ballot and election trends and initiatives;
- An update on federal transportation investment discussions;
- A discussion on the impact that Covid-19 is having on state and local transportation revenues and budgets, its effect on long-term planning; and
- State lawmaker insight into recent transportation investment campaigns and future outlooks.
The annual meeting of the Transportation Investment Advocates Council will be held the afternoon of Tuesday, July 14. This meeting is for members of the Council, or for those interested in learning more about state transportation funding resources.
For the safety and convenience of all participants, the conference will take place virtually. The REMO meeting platform will enable attendees to interact with presenters, network with other transportation construction professionals and share real-world perspectives regarding the current and future state of the industry.