The Transportation Investment Advocacy Center’s updated report of state funding initiatives is now available!
TIC staff’s recent review finds several states preparing for the 2015 legislative session.
- The Michigan legislature reached a transportation funding deal December 18. The plan hinges on voter approval of a state sales and use tax increase of one percent. The May 2015 ballot proposal is “tie-barred” with a number of road funding bills, which will increase transportation investment in the state by $1.3 billion annually.
- The Texas House of Representatives filed four transportation funding bills in November and December for consideration by the 84th Legislature.
- Two New Jersey bills to increase transportation funding were filed in anticipation for the 2015 legislative session.
- Lawmakers in South Carolina are getting a head start on transportation funding by prefiling a bill proposing an Interstate Lane Expansion Fund for the 2015 legislative session.
- Illinois Legislature approved a task force to study sustainable transportation funding solutions.
To read the full report of 2014 proposed transportation funding initiatives, visit December 2014 State Transportation Funding Initiatives Report.