Today many Michigan residents will decide on funding for local transit agencies throughout the state.
Several cities and counties throughout the state have measures on the August 5 ballot to renew or increase property taxes to support regional bus agencies.
- Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART)
- Detroit, Macomb County, Wayne County and Oakland County: Renewal of an existing property tax, and increase from 0.59 mills to 1 mill.
- Mass Transit Authority (MTA)
- Genessee County: Renewal of an existing 0.4 mill property tax.
- Capital Area Transit Authority (CATA)
- The City of Lansing, City of East Lansing, Meridian Township, Lansing Township, and Delhi Township: Renewal of a 3.007 mills property tax for 5 more years (2016-2020).
- Shiawassee Area Transportation Agency (SATA)
- Bennington Township: Property tax up to 0.3333 mills for 4 years;
- Caledonia Township: Property tax of 0.19 mills annually for a period of 2 years;
- Charter Township of Owosso: Property tax of 0.333 mills each year for 4 years;
- City of Perry: Renewal of existing 0.25 mills property tax annually for a period of 2 years.
- Dial-A Ride
- City of Buchanan: Property tax of 1 mill for 4 years;
- City of Niles: Property tax up to one-half mill for 2 years.
Michigan polls are open until 8pm.