Looking Back at 2014 Transportation was a hot topic with state legislatures in 2014, with 66 bills introduced across the country. Over twenty transportation-related bills were approved, with funding legislation approved in 11 states. Of those states, both Rhode Island...read more
Idaho 2016 Ballot Measure Results
Electric Vehicle Fee:
- Plug-in vehicle owners: Annual fee of $140
- Hybrid vehicle owners: Annual fee of $75
- Liquefied natural gas, converted to diesel gallon equivalent (DGE), with 1 gallon of diesel equating to 6.06 pounds of LNG: 34.9 cents-per-DGE
- Compressed natural gas (CNG), converted to GGE, with 1 gallon of gasoline equating to 5.66 pounds of CNG: 32 cents-per-GGE
- Propane: 4.25 pounds equals 1 gallon, 23.2 cents-per-gallon
- All other special fuels: state motor fuel tax rate (32 cents-per-gallon)
Fee/Tax in addition to Gas Excise Tax: Clean water tax (1 cent-per-gallon).
*Federal funding percentages are from an ARTBA analysis of FHWA Highway Statistics data, total ten year average 2004-2013 from tables SF-1 and SF-2. The percent is the ratio of federal aid reimbursements to the state and total state capital outlays and is indicative of the importance of the federal aid program to state capital spending for highways and bridges. Does not include local capital spending. Federal highway reimbursements are primarily used for capital outlays, including construction, right of way and engineering, but are also used for debt service for GARVEE bonds.