Join fellow transportation funding advocates on July 12 in Washington, D.C., for the 4th annual “National Workshop for State & Local Transportation Advocates”. Participants will share best practices, playbook secrets and other keys to success in advancing legislative and ballot initiatives that boost transportation infrastructure investment.
Learn about state and local transportation funding initiatives trends from Dr. Alison Premo Black, chief economist with the American Road & Transportation Builders Association. Dr. Black will explore state legislation introduced since 2013, as well as state and local ballot measures from the last decade, in order to provide analysis on new and recurring themes. Dr. Black will also look ahead to provide a preview of November 2017 ballot measures.
Additional sessions will:
- Highlight recent state transportation funding packages, both successful and unsuccessful;
- Explore the strengths and challenges of different methods states use to levy motor fuel taxes;
- Examine alternative transportation funding options states are utilizing;
- Reveal methods to win state legislator and public support; and
- Provide tools to help advocates build successful campaigns, including expert advice on marketing, polling, grassroots support, and more.
The Workshop, a signature program of the Transportation Investment Advocacy Center™ (TIAC), is being held in conjunction with ARTBA’s Public-Private Partnerships (P3) in Transportation Conference.