The 5th Annual “National Workshop for State & Local Transportation Advocates,” a signature program of the Transportation Investment Advocacy Center™ (TIAC), will once again bring together transportation investment champions from around the country to share best practices, playbook secrets and other keys to success in advancing state and local legislative and ballot initiatives that boost transportation infrastructure investment.
Attend the Workshop in the Nation’s Capital on July 18 to hear the real-life challenges and success stories of state transportation funding campaigns. Learn what states have raised or are trying to raise new transportation revenue, why they are doing so, what revenue streams they are exploring, who the major players are, and campaign tactics and strategies. Attendees will leave the Workshop with new skills and techniques for increasing funding in their own states.
This year’s Workshop will include:
- An overview of state transportation funding trends and initiatives, plus a preview of what’s to come on 2018 state and local ballots;
- An update on federal transportation funding and efforts to permanently fix the revenue stream for the Highway Trust Fund;
- In-depth exploration of short- and long-term transportation funding techniques being explored by states;
- How states ‘set the stage’ for a transportation funding increase;
- Advice from state lawmakers on succeeding in your transportation funding campaign;
- And more!
The annual in-person meeting of the Transportation Investment Advocates Council will be held the afternoon of Tuesday, July 17. This meeting is for members of the Council, or for those interested in learning more about the Council and state transportation funding resources.
The Workshop is being held in conjunction with ARTBA’s 30th annual “Public-Private Partnerships in Transportation Conference.”