On Oct. 7, 2016, New Jersey lawmakers approved legislation to increase the state gas tax by 23 cents-per-gallon and the diesel tax by 27 cents-per-gallon (effective Nov. 1, 2016) in order to generate $2 billion annually in new revenue for transportation infrastructure. Combined with matching federal funds and bonds, the legislation is expected to enable $32 billion in transportation investment over the next eight years. As a compromise to balance the tax increase, the measures also include several tax cuts.
- July 20: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- July 13: State Lawmakers Detail Transportation Funding Strategies at ARTBA Workshop
- July 13: Transportation Investment Advocate Workshop Draws Record Attendance
- July 10: Oregon Lawmakers Approve $5.3 Billion Transportation Funding Bill
- July 6: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- June 30: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- June 30: Oregon Lawmakers Propose Compromise Transportation Funding Bill
- June 28: Two Weeks Left to Register for the July 12 Advocates Workshop
- June 27: Case Study on California’s 2017 Transportation Funding Legislation Now Available
- California’s 2017 Transportation Funding Legislation
- June 22: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- June 20: West Virginia Legislature Passes $135 Million Annual Transportation Funding Bill
- June 19: Illinois Transportation Work May Hit July 1 Roadblock
- June 16: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- State Lawmakers to Discuss Transportation Funding Strategies at July 12 Advocates Workshop in D.C.