This successful legislative campaign in the Maryland state legislature resulted in the enactment of a transportation gasoline/sales tax package that has been projected to generate $830 million per year for road and public transportation improvements. This law raised taxes on gasoline in stages over a four-year period – with a roughly four-cents-per-gallon increase on July 1, 2013. More specifically, the law established a new three percent sales tax on wholesale gas, which will be introduced over a three-year period. This law also automatically adjusted the flat tax on gas to account for changes in inflation.
- Aug. 13: Michigan Democrat Wins Primary With Transportation Investment Platform
- Aug. 9: 96 Percent of State Lawmakers Who Voted for a Gas Tax Increase Win Their 2018 Primaries
- Six Regional Reports Highlight Boost to California Localities from Transportation Investment in SB 1
- July 27: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- July 13: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- June 28: State Transportation Funding News
- Register Now for July 18 Transportation Funding Advocacy Workshop
- June 22: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- June 14: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- State Lawmakers to Discuss Transportation Funding Strategies at July 18 Advocates Workshop in D.C.
- State Transportation Funding Trends to be Explored at July 18 Workshop
- June 4: Updated Report Tracks 209 Transportation Funding Bills in 39 States
- June 1: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- May 31: State Transportation Funding Legislation Roundup
- Transportation Funding Advocates to Share Tips to Bridge the Urban/Rural Divide at July 18 Workshop