Transportation funding advocacy doesn’t end once legislation is approved! Join fellow transportation champions in the Nation’s Capitol on July 18 to learn how a California coalition is mobilizing to protect a $5.4 billion transportation funding increase from anti-tax proponents. Michael Quigley, executive director of the California Alliance for Jobs, will provide a deep dive into 2017 legislation and the challenges it faces after passage. Attendees will walk away with new insight to help anticipate arguments against a gas tax increase, and tools to defend the increase as well as those lawmakers who supported it.
Register for the 5th Annual “National Workshop for State & Local Transportation Advocates” to hear this, and more real-life challenges and success stories of state transportation funding campaigns. Learn what states have raised or are trying to raise new transportation revenue, why they are doing so, what revenue streams they are exploring, who the major players are, and campaign tactics and strategies.
Transportation investment champions from around the country will share best practices, playbook secrets and other keys to success in advancing state and local legislative and ballot initiatives that boost transportation infrastructure investment. Other sessions include:
- An overview of state transportation funding trends and initiatives, plus a preview of what’s to come on 2018 state and local ballots;
- An update on federal transportation funding and efforts to permanently fix the revenue stream for the Highway Trust Fund;
- In-depth exploration of short- and long-term transportation funding techniques being explored by states;
- How states ‘set the stage’ for a transportation funding increase;
- Advice from state lawmakers on succeeding in your transportation funding campaign;
- And more!
The Workshop is being held in conjunction with ARTBA’s 30th annual “Public-Private Partnerships in Transportation Conference.”