The Iowa state legislature’s unsuccessful campaign failed to advance a transportation funding amendment, which was ultimately withdrawn from consideration in 2013. The motor fuel tax increase was added as an amendment to House File 640, which initially dealt with continuing to fund tax breaks for ethanol blended fuels. The amendment proposed increasing the gasoline tax by ten cents-per-gallon over a three-year period. During the first two years, the bill proposed a three-cents-per-gallon increase each year, and the following year would have included a four-cents-per-gallon increase. This tax increase would have generated $215 million per year, and the new revenues would have been designated for road and bridge improvement projects. Although the House File bill was signed into law by Iowa Governor Terry Branstad (R) on June 17, 2013, the amendment regarding the motor fuel tax increase never received a vote because it was withdrawn on May 22, 2013.
- June 28: Two Weeks Left to Register for the July 12 Advocates Workshop
- June 27: Case Study on California’s 2017 Transportation Funding Legislation Now Available
- California’s 2017 Transportation Funding Legislation
- June 22: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- June 20: West Virginia Legislature Passes $135 Million Annual Transportation Funding Bill
- June 19: Illinois Transportation Work May Hit July 1 Roadblock
- June 16: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- State Lawmakers to Discuss Transportation Funding Strategies at July 12 Advocates Workshop in D.C.
- June 9: ARTBA’s Unprecedented TIAC Effort Provides State and Local Advocates with Ways to Increase Funding (Americans for Transportation Mobility)
- June 9: State Transportation Funding Legislation Update
- June 9: Vote to Increase Gas Tax has No Effect on Reelection in NJ Primary
- June 8: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- Transportation Funding Best Practices to be Explored at July 12 Advocates Workshop
- June 2: State Transportation Funding News Roundup
- June 2: State Transportation Funding Legislation Activity